It's been years since I have had conversation with you. Do you know how much I miss you??? Do you know how much I long to have our talks again??? To hear your words of encouragement, support and of love??? You have always been my greatest cheerleader, telling me I can be anything I want or do anything I want. You always believed in me. I know you never doubted my love for you, but I wish when I tell you now, you are able to understand what I am saying. I think you do, but I wish there was a way of knowing for sure!
I want to thank you for being a great example to me. You have taught me the meaning of giving, of mercy, of hospitality and of being a servant. I never saw anyone come to our house while growing up that you didn't wait on hand and foot! You always made them feel at home. And you never asked if they needed anything just once, you continually asked them to make sure they weren't in need of anything! Sometimes to the point of us or them saying NOOOO-just sit down and relax (huh? wonder who I take after :-)? I am learning to try and relax and enjoy me company more :-)
I miss our times of laughing and just being silly. You always seem to enjoy yourself where ever you went. Especially if there was dancing involved. I think that's where I got my love of music and dancing. I have so many fun memories of our time out on the dance floor, from doing the hustle to the electric slide. It brought such joy to my heart this summer in PA when we were at Aunt Gert's house, they turned the music on and your face just lit up! Even your 90 yr. old mom got up to dance with you. You went from your aunts, cousins, and sisters making your way around to get a dance with each one. I thank GOD for giving me that precious gift of a glimpse of you before you got sick! He gives me those small gifts every now and then and oh how I cherish them.
It tears me up inside as I see you slipping further and further away from me. It brings such sadness to my heart as I see the fear and confusion in your eyes and know that there is nothing I can do but hold you and pray that GOD would bring a calmness over you. I'm not angry that God allowed this to happen to you, I trust HIM completely with this and with you. I know how much HE loves you, it's just that I miss you so much! I see GOD working not only in my heart but dad's heart as well. I see a part of dad that I might not have ever gotten to see if you didn't get sick. It's just sad that you don't get a chance to see this side of him, serving you. You served him so well for so many years! I see the sadness in his eyes, he loves and misses you too mom. If only I could have one wish in the world-It would be to have you healthy and back with all of us again! I love you forever and always!
your daughter-Valarie
Family Staycation
10 years ago
5 comments:
Val,
What a sweet post to your mom. Thank you for reminding me how much I should cherish the time I have now.
Precious Val! I can't even imagine how hard it must be. I feel so guilty of all the time I have missed and not appreciated with my mom. I needed this today. I have a call to make.
Oh Val, what a sweet post. I know your mama knows your love for her and the rest of us do as well. You have been a great daughter!
Val, I'm finally getting caught up some on my blog reading....what a precious post. Seriously...you are such a devoted daughter...you amaze me. Thanks for being a shining example to me of how to love my mom. I love you, js
Oh Val, this breaks my heart for you. It is such a sweet tribute to your mom! I am so sad she can't appreciate it. I see how God is your confidence even in the midst of this very difficult situation. You are going through this with such grace. I love you! Christie
Post a Comment