Mom,
I just wanted to tell you Happy Birthday. Today you were missed so much by dad, Terry and I. I know life goes on, but there is still such an emptiness in my heart. Everyone says that with time it gets better. It was 6 months yesterday that our sweet Savior called you home. Two difficult days in a row. I'm sure God celebrated the day He brought forth your first breath in such a grand way. And even when He called you home, there must have been such a celebration at your arrival. You are His very own creation. Psalm 139:14 says "I praise you because I am fearfully & wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know this full well. And that is so very true mom, you were wonderful, in so many ways.
I can't begin to count the blessings you were to me. How often you were there for your family, the love you showed us, the tenderness in just your touch, your smile that always said, "it will be okay", your strength through difficult times, just to name a few. You taught me how to care for others and put them before myself. In fact you were selfless in all you did. You showed me that life is short and no matter the circumstance have fun, laugh, love and enjoy the day regardless of how others treat you.
There will always be people who will try and steal our peace and our joy, & will judge us for our goodness, but not to allow them to affect who we are. I am so glad that you were such a great example in all those areas!
I have been truly blessed by you mom. You will always be a great inspiration as I learn how to walk this life without you. I can hear your voice now "trust in your faith Val" when things would sometimes get me down. So that is what I do, take it day by day and trust in the one who gave me life, who holds me in the palm of His hand where no one can ever snatch me from Him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM, you are missed greatly and loved dearly-ALWAYS,
your daughter, Valarie
No comments:
Post a Comment