I guess blogging is outdated now, but I have some down time so I thought I would put into writing some of my thoughts/struggles over the year.
I named this blog FAITH since it seems I have been challenged in this area over the past year.
Faith that Jesus has everything planned out with my mom's illness and that my choices don't interfere in what HE is doing.
Sometimes I get so caught up in the everyday busyness of life, that I almost do things on a routine, robotic like state of mind. I seldom start my day with HIM and rarely end my day with HIM. Needless to say that the middle part of the day I am on survival mode to make it through till I can lay my head down and try to sleep.
This is not how I want to spend my days, in survival mode. I want to wake rejoicing that I have another day written in HIS book of life so that I can share the love of Christ through my thoughts, words, and actions! I want to live each and every moment with a peace that only comes from walking daily with HIM.
Faith that as I see marriages struggling all around me that HE is the one that can restore a broken marriage. That complete obedience and surrending all to HIM is the only way that HE can begin healing broken hearts. As Dan and I know from our experience 5 years ago, both have to be willing to surrender and fall face first before the Father and have faith that HE can and will restore the years the locust have stolen. I only came back to the marriage through obedience and faith that He would do that for us. That HE would start to heal the hurt and pain, that HE would help me to fall in love with my husband like never before. The first year was tough, but we had faith in HIS word, and in HIS love for us. I realized that regardless of if it was GOD's plan for Dan and I to marry it became HIS plan when we said our vows. I just wish couples would allow GOD to work in each of their own hearts and recognize their "stuff" that they brought into the marriage. Can it be just one persons fault, absolutely not. We all are sinners and are imperfect human beings that have to have "heart surgery" Yes I can say that it can be more of one person than another, but it's both. God is still revealing my "stuff" that needs to be worked on. My faith is that HE can bring a new life to something that was completely dead through OBEDIENCE. He has restored the years that the locust haven taken! Our marriage is proof of that!
FAITH that GOD loves me like no other. That I am HIS child and that HE died for me. I can't imagine going through these past 5 years without knowing and believing that. So many people are fooled by the belief that becoming a believer means your life will be without trials, hurts, pain, and questions that may never get answered this side of heaven. So where do they go when these times hit them? Who do they trust? I'm sure some of them blame GOD even. I would much rather put my trust in a GOD who created the heavens and the earth, then some kind of micro-organism that just somehow started to evolve from itself to create "things" or that my distant relative was an ape/caveman. It brings peace to my heart knowing that HE created me and that I was made in HIS image!!!
Faith that in my relationship with GOD = HE will never fail me. So many of us are disappointed by our parents, spouse, children, pastor, co-worker, and friends. Expectations we have or make that end up not being met. Realizing that GOD is perfect and we are far from it means there will always be diappointments with our earthly relationships. I will fail and disappoint many people in my lifetime as they will me. I will continually have to check my heart and ask forgiveness for my words or actions as I fail people in my life. That's why Jesus is my constant. I have faith that HE will always be there for me, with me, and in me just as HIS word promises!
So what is FAITH? Believing in the unseen, the creator of Heaven and Earth, the One who was and is and is yet to come! Singing praises that I am able to place my faith in HIM!
Family Staycation
10 years ago
4 comments:
Thank you for sharing your heart! I'm glad you decided to blog again :)
Faith is sure an amazing thing, isn't it? It is an area that I strive to give over to the only One who is faithful!
Love you!
Enjoy your 2 weeks with your husband.
hope you and dan are having a great time. It has been a blessing to share in your journey of faith. So glad we have eachother. Love u
This is beautiful Val. Thank you for sharing these words from your heart. So happy that you and Danny are taking time out to get away to spend together and plan to spend the rest of your days on earth with each other. Then there's eternity. Oh the joy!
Love you more than I can promise
Thanks so very, very much for sharing, for being honest, open, and encouraging, Mrs Val. :]
I miss you and hope you are doing well. Tell everyone I said hello.
Love you!
Sarah
Post a Comment