Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our little addition to the Daly home

On Tues. Sept 8th Dan and I went for a 3 mile walk and while on the walk Dan looked down and noticed a newborn animal of some kind. He assumed it was dead and we started to walk away. I just had to go back and look at it 1 more time. I noticed that it moved slightly and told Dan it was still alive. We started to walk away again and for the life of me couldn't leave this tiny little baby just laying there to die (especially since a big old cat was sitting on the brick wall around the same area.) So Dan and I discussed the baby and he just couldn't see how we could take care of it along with all our other "stuff" in our life. So, we started to leave again and that's when I got teary eyed!! So Dan stops and says "Do you want it, tell me now so I can go back and get it?" Well-of course I wanted it!!

Brennen has always wanted an animal of his own to raise from a baby, so I knew he would jump on the chance to care for it. Brennen looked at different web sites and called multiple vets to try and get the best info for keeping her alive. The hard part was everyone had their "own" suggestions on the best care for it. So,,we went with the advice we thought would work the best and so far so good! He has done a wonderful job caring for this tiny baby. We figure she was only a couple days old when we found her and it's been over 3 weeks now since we adopted her. The 2 pictures are one from about a little over a week ago and the one from today with her cuddled up to Sonic the Hedgehog. The last time I saw her was Monday and I couldn't believe how much she grew in the last few days. I guess giving her the puppy formula along with a bit of heavy whipping cream is agreeing with her!!
I know Brennen and I are guarding our hearts from getting real attached to her but man, you can't help it,,she is so darn cute! Brennen hasn't named her yet because of the fact that she might not make it-so meet our new little baby squirrel....

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness I cried reading this! Made me think what a great daddy Bren will be someday! I sure do love you guys and am praying she makes it!

Brandi said...

How cute!!! I love that you kept it!

Keep us updated with how it goes.

Love you
Bran

Kelly said...

I can almost hear Dan saying that line!