Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!!!!

Dear mom,
I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day and also thank you for loving me the way you do. I know alot has changed over the years and there is not a whole lot that you can understand anymore. This I do know, when you look straight into my eyes I see the love you have for me, there is this gentleness and love that I know is there. When you keep playing with my hair and looking at
me saying "you are so beautiful" I fight back tears, not of sadness, but tears of "I am the most blessed daughter in the world to have you as my mom!"

You were there for me-always. I feel so blessed that I have ALL these sweet memories to hold on to, because of you. You have taught me so many things over my lifetime. One of those is that you were a friend to all. Not only your friendships that you valued and enjoyed, but also you never walked into a place whether it be a waiting room, grocery store, elevator, etc.....that you didn't take the time to talk to someone. You always were the one that initiated "hello" to people that you passed, complete strangers, you made them feel like they were special!!

Another memory is your smile that always lit up anywhere you went. Still to this day people comment on your big smile that is so beautiful. You enjoyed life even in the "stressful" times. You were a pillar of strength during the "difficult" times and showed me what it meant to have FAITH!

You are an amazing, and I hope that one day I can follow your example and be an amazing WIFE, DAUGHTER, SISTER, & MOTHER just as you have become!!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM,
From your daughter who loves you to the moon and back-always!
Valarie

2 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Sweet letter! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Valarie Daly said...

Thanks Cassie, hope your day was special too!