Saturday, March 21, 2009

A KISS FROM MOM!

As a stayed with my parents this past week I ended up getting sick with the flu. I was feeling so bad on my last day there. After running around for a few hours we arrived back to their house. I new I had to lay down and rest before driving the hour back to my house. I gathered all my belongings so that I could just leave after I rested a bit. Seeing me gathering all my stuff, my mom started getting upset. She asked me if I was going and I told her yes after I rested a while though. She says, "Awe-don't go". I told her to come back and lay down with me so we could rest, thinking once she fell asleep I would just sneak out. Well, I must have been exhausted, because as we held hands laying in bed, I passed right out.

Once I awoke, she popped her head up and got out of bed. We went out on the sun porch and sat with my dad and she knew that I was feeling really bad. She kept touching my arm, my neck and my head with such concern on her face. She bent down and kissed my forehead a couple times. I had my legs up resting on a stool, and she continued on like this for about more 5 minutes with the continual touching, then all of a sudden she went down and kissed the top of my foot :-) I know some of you might be thinking yuck, but to me that was huge, it was my mom trying to care for me and not knowing how as she saw her little girl sick and in pain. I responded with tears in my eyes, "you are STILL my mommy, trying to make me feel better huh?" Her reply "yes". I know I am 46 years old, but the kiss, touch and love of my mom is so amazing and such a blessing to me.

My beautiful mom,
Oh, the joy in my heart as I experienced that sweet moment Jesus gave to me, having my mommy back. I will take those moments over any other right now in my life because I know all too soon, you will be taken from me. As dad and I got the news on 3/12 that the Dr gives you 6 months or so to be with us, it was so difficult. Even though I knew one day that day would come because of your terminal illness, it was still sad to hear. Especially having to go straight to my friends moms funeral a few hours later. It took an hour to get there, so on the drive I prayed that GOD would give me strength to make it through the service. I met Dan at the church and didn't even have a chance to tell him about the Dr's news regarding you. I know how much GOD loves me and I know and trust that he orchestrated every detail of that day. But let me tell you how hard it was for me, knowing that I would be walking that same journey as my friend Sunday, saying goodbye to MOM. Even though I have had quite a long time to prepare myself,,it is sooo hard. Dan asked me the next morning if there is just a little relief knowing that your suffering will be over? I told him yes, it kills me to see your anxiety level so high and it has to be exhausting for you. But the selfish side of me still wants you here. I love it when I tuck you in at night and I get to pray for you and you look up at me and say "thank you, that was so beautiful." I love that I get to hug and kiss you still. I love, love, love when dad puts music on and we dance together, (you still got the moves, mom.) Being able to care for you, even though it's difficult and draining at times, I am thankful that you are here with me still. So I am moving into the denial stage of it, just to cope for now. Once again I love you mom, you are the best in the world!
Loving you always,
your daughter,
Valarie

8 comments:

Dearest Jessica said...

Val I love that she is still taking care of you. Treasure every minute with her.

Jackie Sue said...

Val, If I were speaking for your mommy I would tell you thanks for being such a wonderful daughter. I would thank you again and again, and kiss you not just to make you feel better, but to let you know that you are my favorite person, next to your dad. I would be in awe of the service and love you provide to me every day we are together. I love you too, Mommy...that's just a tiny bit of what I think she would say to you if she could.

Valarie Daly said...

Thanks :-)

Betsy said...

Val-

Oh my sweet friend! Oh how I love you! I want you to know how proud she is of you and how much I love you. When that day comes you better believe I will be on the next plane there for you! I miss you sweet friend and love and pray for you everyday!

Bets

Kelly said...

Love you friend! I love how Jesus gives us precious moments. I'm so sorry that you are sick, but I'm so happy for the unexpected blessing from it!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Val,
This is such a sweet post! I'm so glad you had those special moments with your mom.

Cassie

Brandi said...

Sweet friend, I read this Sunday morning and just wept with you. I love how Jesus allows these sweet times with you and your mama. I just loved watching you with her the other day. . your love for her just shines. I know that pleases the Father. You are a daughter that pleases not only her earthly parents, but her Heavenly Abba too.

I love you
Bran

Anonymous said...

Oh Val, that is so sweet and makes me weep with you! I love how God gave you that sweet moment from your mom...how beautiful, a kiss on your foot! I am so sad you are having to go through this hard process with your mom, but thankful you are having time to prepare. It certainly makes you cherish those sweet moments. Thanks for sharing! I love you! Christie