Monday, June 29, 2009

HAPPY 71st BIRTHDAY MOM





My mom is 71 today and I just want to honor her, even if she doesn't know it's her special day today.
Psalm 139:1-6, 13-16
Verses 1-6
O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in- behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
Verses 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

You are the most amazing mom in the world and I have been blessed beyond measure by being your daughter. I am so appreciative that God created me through the love of you and dad and that I was born into this family that GOD chose for me. I know that it wasn't always perfect and we had our struggles, but if I could pick any family in this whole wide world I would always choose the one I was born into.
A lot of who I am today is because of the example you were to me as a child, a teenager, a young adult, and then as an adult.
You were always there for me-ALWAYS!
I wrote part of Psalm 139 because even though I tell you how wonderful you are, I wanted you to know how much more wonderful GOD thinks you are. You see, HE created you, HE knit you together in your mother's womb, you are fearfully and wonderfully made by your HEAVENLY FATHER. Before a word is even spoken from your lips HE already knows what you're going to say, HE knows our thoughts before they are even in our head. Isn't that just amazing mom??? HIS love for you is so much greater than my love for you (that's pretty amazing considering how much I love you)
As I struggle with this day of wondering "could this be your last birthday?" I have to go back to GOD'S word as he says in Psalm 139:16 "all the days ordained for you were written in HIS book before one of them came to be." HE already knew that this was going to happen, your days were already written out for you before you took your first breath on your on. I am so blessed and thankful that I have had close to 47 years with you. Of course the selfish side of me want 30 more :-)
I know the day will come when HE calls you home and you will being standing in awe before our SAVIOR, seeing HIM face to face and HE saying "Well down good and faithful servant"
I love you so much mom and I want to thank you for all the memories! You make life fun for me. You make me laugh hysterically at the things you say and do. Thank you for always being willing to dance with me! Here's to plenty of more dances together..............
Love you to the moon and back,
Valarie

6 comments:

Carol Melvin said...

Hi Va,,
I knew your mom's B'day was in June, but I never knew the date.
I just happened to check your site tonite. Just LOVED the pics, especially the one on the boat at the river. What HAPPY memories...
Your family is in my thoughts a lot. Take care of yourself ( you are already trying to take care of everyone else.
Love, Carol & Joe (too)

Brownskyn said...

Val you write beautiful tributes to your mother. Although she isn't aware of what you post those of us who read it appreciate the love you have for her and thank you for sharing it with us. I love, pray and support you, your dad and family as you walk this journey.

Betsy said...

Val

You are an amazing daughter and you honor you mom is such special ways.
Pray for you every day and miss you every minute I need to come visit or better yet come see me I will show the ropes of country life!

Love you-
Bets

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I love that top pic with you two dancing! What a sweet tribute to your mom.

Kelly said...

Great tribute! Boy your mom is a looker!!!! Happy birthday to your sweet mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh Val, What a sweet tribute to your sweet mom! I loved that you included those beautiful verses! I also love that picture of the two of you dancing!! I see where you got your beautiful looks!! Love ya, Christie