I have realized over the years that one of my biggest pet peeves is GREED! I literally get so upset that I can feel the anger just bubbling up inside of me. But isn't that being a little hypercritical? I struggle with another persons sin, greed and then find myself sinning in my own heart with the anger.
I think to myself, come on people it's just a cookie! They literally get so mad at me if I don't have a "free cookie" to give their usually crying, screaming child. I think to myself, yea right, that's what you need to do, reward them for their disobedient behavior! It is so hard for me to not say "If you really want them to have a cookie, we sell 24 at a great low price, just buy them 24 cookies!"
And then what really gets me going is when they feel the "entitlement" to take 3 or 4 cookies just because they pay a yearly membership! I even had one father ask me "Do you have any cookies for my children?" I said yes we do. Then he proceeded to say that he gets mad at some of the girls that work back in the bakery, they don't always give his kids cookies because they say they are out of them. He proceeded to finish his statement with "I pay a yearly membership and my kids should get a cookie everytime we come in here and when you don't give my kids a cookie I go over to the cookie table, open a package myself, and take 2 cookies out of it! Can you believe it???? Isn't that stealing??
Or we always get, "Well publix gives free cookies all the time." It takes everything inside of me not to say "well then go to publix!"
It doesn't matter what the age is, I get angry at all greedy people! I have actually gone up to senior citizens that have taken a bag from the meat dept. to fill it up with our free cookies and say "excuse me, but you can only take 1 cookie, that's stealing to take a bunch like that!"
Why should I even care??? I do let it slide by some of the time, but why can't I let it slide by all the time??? Why do I get so "angry" at other peoples greediness?
Maybe it's because I struggle with that same sin-GREED.
I have in the past gone to seminars that have freebies at the table and have taken more than the 1 that I should! So is that any different? I mean it is free right?
Family Staycation
10 years ago
4 comments:
Great post! It's amazing how the things that drive us crazy are the things we struggle with ourselves. Thanks for the reminder:)
This post so made me laugh- brought back many a memory you at youth functions trying to control the pizza table! So true the real struggle we all share! I love you and Bella sends you a kiss she wants to meet aunt Val!
love you and miss you!
Hi, Valerie
Dropping by to thank you for your comment on my post at Rocks in My Dryer yesterday.
I'm so sorry about your Mom. At the same time, I'm selfishly grateful to know I'm not alone. I really glad you shared your heart and want to encourage you as you and your family continue this painful journey.
Costco cookies rock!
valarie-dalynews.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading valarie-dalynews.blogspot.com every day.
pay day loans
canadian payday loans
Post a Comment