Sunday, November 9, 2008

This is the Day the LORD has Made!

Psalm 139:13-14,16
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
I've written these verses today because they are a few that I have struggled with since making the choice to become a follower of Christ. I have struggled for so many years with being extremely insecure. These verses were given to me as a new believer by a mature christian woman at Deltona Alliance church. She asked me to memorize these verses and really hold them close to my heart. That was 20 years ago and I can honestly say now "Thank you Jesus, for you created me and I am fearfully and wonderfully made!
It has been many, many years of hurt, anger, disappointment, and "pretending" I was fearfully and wonderfully made. There has been struggles with anorexia, suicide attempts and self inflictions trying to make the pain go away.
As I celebrate my sweet Jesus giving me life 46 years ago, I am so thankful for his LOVE & PATIENCE with me. It has taken me so long and many a painful lessons to finally get it. I am GODS child, he gave me life, he ordained the days that I will have here on earth. He loves me like no other! When I made that commitment to follow him 20 some years ago, I received an inheritance to HIS kingdom. How cool is that! Over my adult years I never wanted to celebrate my birthday. I didn't feel deserving enough. But as I begin this day that GOD so graciously let me be born on, I am so blessed, so thankful, so appreciative of all that HE has blessed me with. My husband, my children, my father, mother, brother, many precious and loving extended family members, and many dear sweet friends! I am such a blessed woman!
To my mom and dad-thank you, I could never have asked to be with more loving and amazing parents. Thank you for your love, devotion, encouragement and for loving me enough and each other enough to bring me into this world. I love you both so much!
To my husband-words cannot begin to tell you how much I am in love with you. You are an amazing man of GOD. Thank you for not giving up on me and staying by my side through some very rough times. I know alot of them were not easy! Thank you for always believing in me!
To my wonderful children- Brennen and Rachelle. I love you both so much. What an amazing gift you both have been. I love being your mom! You both have been such sweet blessings in my life, I am so proud of you both! You have given me such amazing memories to cherish and hold close to my heart!
So, as I celebrate this day, my birthday, I celebrate the many special people that have touched and have been a blessing over my 46 years! Thank you for being in my life! I am one blessed woman!

7 comments:

Largaespada Family said...

Happy Birthday Valerie!

By the way...LOVE the new blog look! Beautiful!

Valarie Daly said...

Thanks for the bday wish Jaime! I can't take credit for my new blog look-my sweet husband did that for me ;-)

Kelly said...

Happy birthday friend!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Happy Birthday Val!

Jackie Sue said...

Val, Birthdays are a great time to stop and be thankful...good job!!! Happy day after your birthday :) (thanks for the idea of a gift for my mom of the photos of her and the girls, that's exactly what I will do!!!)

DanD said...

LOVE YOU ALWAYS!
Danny

Kelly said...

Love the new look! You have been tagged. Stop by and get the details!