Dear mom,
Wanted you to know that we received exciting news yesterday. Dan was offered the Head Pastor position at Westwood Church. We are beyond humbled by this. It all stems from OBEDIENCE. That has been evident a few times in our life. When we are obedient to our Heavenly Father, we have seen HIM work in unbelievable ways that you know without a doubt it has come from HIM. We experienced it in our marriage when through nothing but pure obedience we stayed together instead of divorcing. Taking that step of obedience we were able to experience HIS grace, mercy, forgiveness, & complete restoration & healing. It was a lot of work and much of the time painful, but we remained committed throughout the counseling and our commitment to our Heavenly Father and then to each other. HE and only HE has brought us full circle.
Dans obedience started last year when face down on his face in prayer. He was praying diligently for the staff, Elders, the body of Westwood and for the next pastor that would be called to shepherd the church. It was during that time of prayer it was evident GOD was calling him to put his application in. Which we never ever saw him (did I say NEVER) as being a head pastor anywhere, anytime in our ministry life. But GOD saw differently. After much prayer, counseling, & confirmation Dan submitted his application to our district superintendent, His words to Rev, Chuck Hughes were if I were you I wouldn't hire me off of this application. I am being submissive to God in doing this part of it and if I get the position we know it has to be only from GOD.
Once he did that he felt a weight off of his shoulders. He was obedient to what GOD was calling him to do.
Then came the long wait. Months and months of waiting on God's timing and confirmation. The committee would go thru all the applications submitted and call the ones they felt might be the right fit for Westwood. They came to the decision to have Dan go through the canidating process. So this took place between 1/8-1/15. The Elders met on tues evening for their vote on Dan and we got a call from Rev. Hughes yesterday morning saying they were offering Dan the position. He did accept the position. We are so confident this is from GOD. There has been so much prayer by the staff, Elders, the body, Dan & I, outside pastors, & friends that only God's will be done for Westwood and for Dan and I. We had so much peace and faith that God would open another door somewhere else if Westwood wasn't the place to be. So effective immediately Dan is the new head pastor at Westwood.
We do feel inadequate in so many ways. But trust where God has us. I still remember a conversation we had so long ago. Actually, in the beginning of our marriage. I know exactly where I was in our house in Deltona. We were on the phone together and you told me "Dan is going to end up being a head pastor somewhere." Boy did I laugh and said there is no way that will ever happen! Well, I am here to say you were right and I was wrong :-)
It's an unbelievable story/journey from where Dan and I started in 1987 to now. The years of struggling in our marriage, the brokenness, hurts, anger and on the road to divorce in 2005-2006. And now to where HE has us now.. We do feel like 2 misfits and keep saying why and how are you going to use us Lord during the time we are at Westwood??? We feel inadequate, but know we are being obedient. I just wanted to share this exciting news with you. I wish so much that you were still here with us. It would be so fun to be on this journey with you being a part of it. But, our ways are not God's ways and I trust HIM completely in calling you home a year ago. You are missed so much by ALL of us. Life does go on but it's definitely different.
love and kisses, your daughter,
Valarie
3 comments:
I am SO excited for you, Dan and Westwood! I just feel like I am on the edge of my seat waiting for what God is going to do. I am so glad you both chose to obey his calling.
Happy for you all and your willingness to follow His lead! May He continue to lead and guide you! Much love!
Thanks Cassie & Jackie :)
Post a Comment